Wednesday, August 31, 2005

"Eh...aper peluk-peluk...haram ni !" ("Eh...no hugging please...it's forbidden")...I DON'T THINK SO!

Hope that it's not too late to blog on this as MageP, paultan, and n305er had blogged on this topic earlier.

Yup! The first thing that came on my mind when Kak Dah hugged Tun M was that the government is so hypocritical about saying one thing and doing another. It might be a touching lovey-dovey scene especially on this auspicious Merdeka Day when two loggerheads reconcile, but doing another thing while saying another thing is just not right.

Just as n305er mentioned, didn't that Najib once mentioned that "No hugging please, we're Muslims?"

“This is not a question of young or old people hugging. This is about religion. It is forbidden in the religion,” he stressed.

“Hugging scenes are not suitable. They must sing decent songs, and must act decently,” he said.


and the article mentioned:

One minister who saw the incident said Rafidah hugged Dr Mahathir tightly and then burst into tears.

"She was talking very fast as Dr Mahathir listened attentively. He then patted her on the shoulder and got into his car," said another VIP.

He said the several ministers and deputy ministers who were standing nearby burst into spontaneous applause.


Scientific interpretation:
tightly=close proximity=forbidden in religion=haram!

burst into tears=indecent act=tak boleh!

spontaneous applause=support of the hugging act=hypocrite=saying one thing and doing the another!


So what is left for her to do according to Najib?
They must sing decent songs

Now what song(s) shall Kak Dah sing? Suggestions anyone?



Is it from Bryan Adams
Please forgive me I know not what I do (quarelling with you),
Please forgive me I can't stop lovin' you (fatherly love, I guess),
Don't deny me (my position in the government),
This pain I'm going through (wondering I'll still be a minister),
Please forgive me,
If I need ya like I do ,
Please believe me,
Every word (about AP) I say is true
Please forgive me I can't stop loving you,
Still feels like our best times are together,
Feels like the first touch...(ahem!)

What do JAIS, Mahkamah Syariah, moral polices and religious bodies have to say on this now?

Life is unfair...Happy Merdeka!

No comments: