Friday, October 14, 2005

Char Siew Chicken Pitta Wraps...My First Ever Food Blog

I seldom blog about minor things like this...but what the hell...this is my first post on making my own food...the price of lunch in my school's cafe kept escalating every term. I seriously think that they are robbing students money away. I mean, can you believe this- the price of a so-so tasteless sandwich is £1.70! (that's almost RM 12!)...maybe they have learnt from their counterparts in Malaysia for charging up to RM 100 for Ramadhan buffets. So, not willing to pay that amount for two pieces of bread filled with limited filling, I decided to make my own lunch to bring back to school (yeah...back to the primary school days...)

Got the inspiration to make pitta bread from the Chili's reunion dinner at One Utama. First, buy groceries from the supermarket. Ingredients needed: pitta bread, chicken, eggs, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, coleslaw and potato salad.

Bring the eggs to boil first while doing other things.

Cut the chicken into big pieces.

Marinate the chicken with Char Siew sauce. For best tasting effect, leave the chicken to marinate overnight, but if in hurry, just chuck them into the oven.

Chuck them into the oven and leave it at maximum heat to cook it fast! (I have limited time!)

Spread the lettuce...

The eggs should be ready now, so cut them and the tomatoes and spread them and the coleslaw and potato salad on the pitta bread.

Wrap the pitta bread tightly and cut them into half. Wrap them with cling film and store in the fridge so that it will cover at least 5 of your lunches!


I reserve my comments on the taste but I could tell you that the spicy tomato pitta bread and the mayonnaise actually saves the whole thing a lot!

Enjoy trying but I do not guarantee the taste!...

No comments: