Malaysian Engrish 101: Naked pictures are called phonography. Click on it for larger view.
Before this we had Harry Porter. Then, not too long ago, we had Pubic Bank. Now we have anime and phonography.
It makes me wonder how deteriorating our journalism could be...
Kids, another lesson of spelling today. Today, we learn the word 'phonograph'. According to thefreedictionary, phonography means:
1. The science or practice of transcribing speech by means of symbols representing elements of sound; phonetic transcription.
2. A system of shorthand based on phonetic transcription.
while pORnography means:
1. Sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal.
2. The presentation or production of this material.
3. Lurid or sensational material: "Recent novels about the Holocaust have kept Hitler well offstage [so as] to avoid the ... pornography of the era" Morris Dickstein.
Now kids, learning phonography may be good for you, but learning pornography (through mobile handphones) may be deteriorating for you.
All the best to the journalism in Malaysia...