Personally, I think that the batch of ReNu which caused infection was probably contaminated. So, I think we should wait the official annoucement from our MOH and B&L also.
But I still prefer the el-cheapo ones ;).
Well, Sing-land has already done that:
Rise in number of fungal infections among contact lens users
SINGAPORE : There has been a rise in the number of fungal infections of the eye among contact lens users.
A total of 39 cases were detected, up from the 22 reported previously.
The Health Ministry has also strongly urged those using Bausch and Lomb's ReNu multipurpose solution to stop, until investigations are complete.
Bausch and Lomb's ReNu solution has a strong association with the fungal infection cases, says the Health Ministry.
A total of 35 out of the 39 contact lens wearers infected with the Fusarium solari fungus said they had used the solution.
Four were unsure of the brand they use while at least one use a different brand.
Also from Bernama and Sing MOH wesbite.
Quick, quick dump this!!! (Sing only)
Read all about fungal corneal infections here.
The Contact Lens Practitioners' Board (CLPB) of Sing reminds contact lens users of the following:
1. Practise proper contact lens cleaning and care regimes. Lenses must be rubbed with the fingers and rinsed thoroughly before soaking overnight in a multi-purpose solution.
2. Disposable contact lenses must not be used beyond their recommended disposal period.
3. The multi-purpose solution in the lens storage case must be changed everyday even if the lenses are not used daily.
4. Contact lens storage cases should be replaced at least every three months.
5. Users should stop wearing the lenses if they develop any redness, blurring of vision or pain of the eye and to seek consultation with a doctor or contact lens practitioner.
6. Alternatively contact lens users may wish to use spectacles instead for the time being.
Psstt...I am a contact lenses wearer also and I only use Watson's cheapest brand. And I did not follow 2, 3, 4 and did '6' the other way around, i.e. contact lenses as alternative for specs. :P
Now, what say you , Soi Lek?