Friday, March 31, 2006

Helicopter Blade Freak Death: It Always Need To Involve Someone Well-Known To Be Noticed

UPDATED 10th April: The Police has wrapped up the investigation on the mishap. But whether the findings will be made public or not is still unknown.

Police Wrap Up Investigation On Helicopter Mishap

PENANG, April 10 (Bernama) -- Police have wrapped up the investigations on the death of Joseph Chan, the General Manager of Abad Naluri Sdn Bhd, who was killed after the helicopter rotor blade struck his head at a field in Ladang Batu Kawan last month.

State Police Chief Datuk Christopher Wan Soo Kee on Monday said the investigation papers are ready and would be sent to the deputy public prosecutor's office on Wednesday.

"Based on the investigation, we have classified Chan's death as sudden death," he said when met after Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Najib Tun Razak officiated the Tun Razak Camp in Bukit Gedung here.

On March 30, Chan was killed on the spot when the rotor blades of helicopter rented by his company to provide an aerial tour for members of the media on a land development project belonging to the parent company Equine Capital Sdn Bhd struck his head while preparing to take off.


Helicopter flying lowly. "Hidup Rakyat!" Hmm...what do those two phrases remind you of? The fuel hike protest? Neh...this time, it is about the freak accidental death of Joseph Chan, the General Manager of housing development company Abad Naluri Sdn Bhd. From Bernama:

Abad Naluri GM Killed After Hit By Heli Rotor Blade

NIBONG TEBAL, March 30 (Bernama) -- Joseph Chan, general manager of housing development company Abad Naluri Sdn Bhd, was killed after he was hit on the head by a rotor blade of a helicopter at Batu Kawan Estate here Thursday.

Chan, 45, died on the spot at a football field where the helicopter had landed with a fourth group of journalists and photographers who had been taken on an aerial tour of the site being developed by the company as Bandar Cassia.

The accident happened between 1.20 pm and 1.30 pm just before the helicopter was about to take five or six students on the aerial tour, Seberang Perai Selatan police chief Supt Khaw Kok Chin said.

He said Chan inspected the left door of the helicopter to ensure that it was fastened while the pilot checked the right door.

Chan then went to the front of the aircraft and was hit by one of the revolving rotor blades, he added.

Now, remember the numerous complaints about those annoying helicopters flying lowly trying to disrupt the speeches of opposition leaders during the fuel hike protest at KLCC? Here's a letter from MalaysiaKini:

...and another picture of the fuel-guzzing helicopters:

Now, when you would anticipate the setting up of another commitee again to 'investigate the case' (just like the Liew Boon Horng's one), would you expect they would do the same if any of the fuel hike protesters were murdered freakingly?

No comments: