Monday, October 23, 2006

Mahathir Greets The Eid-ul-Fitr With 'Mercun Bambu' To Pak Lah

So, you think the meeting was a lovey-dovey affair and all well that ends well, eh? Look at these toadies, trying to fool themselves. Now, here's the Da M Code behind The Most Awaited Reality Event of the Year, from Bernama:

On why the meeting was initiated in the first place:

Speaking at a press conference at his house in Seri Kembangan, he said mubarak, the association of former elected representatives, approached his son to try to resolve his problems with the government following his spate of criticisms against Abdullah.

He said Mubarak initially came out with several suggestions to resolve his spat with Abdullah, including that he should meet with Umno supreme council and if that could not be done, he could instead meet with the Malay members of the cabinet.

"If that is not possible... then for me to see Pak Lah (the prime minister), I don't know but anyway, Pak Lah agreed to see me," he said, adding that since this was initiated by Mubarak, he would like to see Mubarak first to find out what was it that they were asking him to do.

He said he met five of Mubarak members who said they liked him to see the prime minister who had agreed to the meeting.

"I said if I want to see Pak Lah I want to tell him about what I have been criticising him about. So I told Mubarak how I felt about things. And after Mubarak members listened to me, they felt that I should tell these things directly to Pak Lah," he said.

On recording the dialogue (or did the successor had the meeting was bugged, with a earpiece feed from Level 4 to his ear, as speculated by Whatalulu?)

At yesterday's meeting with Abdullah at the prime minister's official residence Seri Perdana in Putrajaya which was held under a cloak of secrecy, Dr Mahathir said he told the prime minister that he would record their dialogue.

"So I set up the (tape) recorder...and I told him I was so critical about the government. Of course, there are so many things I have said but within one-and-a-half hours, I covered lots of things. After that he explained, of course he interrupted me several times," he said.

On generous amount of money to fling:

Dr Mahathir had told reporters after yesterday's meeting that it was a worthwhile meeting because he got to say things frankly to the prime minister, the way he had criticised him publicly.

The former prime minister's criticisms included charges of nepotism, incompetence and for axing some major projects conceived while he was in power. He said it was not true that the government did not have money to carry out projects, adding that when he decided to step down in 2003, he made sure that the country was stable, with the economy and government's finances in good shape.

"Only after that I decided I would step down. The government now has money, the government has more money that it has ever before," he said.

Dr Mahathir said during his time, the highest profit by Petronas, the national oil corporation, was RM56 billion but this had increased to RM86 billion in the last financial year, bigger than the total collection of corporate tax at around RM60 billion.

On benefiting the opposition:

At Sunday's meeting, he said Abdullah told him that they had done a survey that as a result of his criticisms, he (Dr Mahathir) had become very unpopular and their differences had only benefited opposition leaders like Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and Datuk Nik Aziz Nik Mat.

"I told him that I don't care whether I'm popular or not, but if anybody does anything that is damaging to the country, and to the Malays in particular, I reserve the right to criticise".

On the verge of economic downturn under Pak Lah's administration:

He was asked if he was concerned that his legacy after 22 years as prime minister was being kept away.

"It's not being kept away. It is the action of the government for the past three years.. there has been no move. The economy is not doing well, the people are unable to get jobs, unemployment is still high. Nothing has been done to improve the economy although of course we read very good figures.

"But you see, retail business is not (good), contracts are not easy to come by and plus people have no jobs and a lot of small contractors have folded up. The economy is bad. I know because a lot of Chinese business people are very unhappy. I have told Pak Lah that some of them have said they will not vote for Barisan Nasional at the next election," he said.

Dr Mahathir said he was told that people today preferred to go to China to do business because there were more opportunities there than in Malaysia and that they did not find it easy to do business in Malaysia.

On the post-meeting (aftermath):

Asked if he felt he had achieved much in his meeting with the prime minister, he said: "I have achieve the objective of telling him in a quite substantial details. Now I have the opportunity to tell him. There is no spinning of what I said". Asked if he wished that he had not stepped down, Dr Mahathir said actually he wished that he had done so in 1998 if it had been possible and in 2002 (when he announced at the Umno General Assembly that he is resigning) but it was Abdullah who told him to stay on for another year.

To this he said today: "This is something I appreciate but this is not the question of what you do or character.. this is not about his character but this is about what is happening".

On his next move after Sunday's meeting with Abdullah, he said: "I've told you that I would continue to criticise and I will go on with my usual way".

Dr Mahathir also said despite his problems with the prime minister, he did not think that it was possible for the opposition to win the election.

"In my assessment, it is not possible for the opposition to win but they might reduce the majority of the government.

On the problems it might pose for Umno, he said: "It is not the internal problem of Umno or unity within Umno. Umno cannot win election without public support and today the public is very critical of the economy, system of administration, involvement of family members. These concern the public. If the public does not support, even if 100 per cent of Umno supports our candidates, they will kill you".

Summing up the meeting where he raised a host of other matters, he said: "There were a few other things he mentioned. I talk for two hours, I decided that the meeting was over. I got up, collected my recorder, said good-bye to him".

Oh, just to refresh your memory, this is what the Pak Catit-Buku-Hitam said last last Sunday:

"No, no, no, I don't think it's a political suicide. He has been saying a lot of things, I've decided to keep quiet and to go on doing what I want to do.

"And the people want me to do what I want to do. And I have and I still command majority support today," he said in an interview with Anjali Rao in the "Talk Asia" programme aired by Cable News Network (CNN) Saturday.

Now, who's delusional here?

Further reading:

Mahathir launch Hari Raya Ballistics from Doc Mave.

Dr Mahathir - far from 'satisfied' from KTemoc.

And other countries around the world headlined this meeting:

India: Badawi has turned Malaysia into police state: Ex-PM

France: Malaysia's Mahathir widens attack on successor, suggests he is personally corrupt

Taiwan: Former PM Mahathir claims successor has turned Malaysia into 'police state'

Sorry, spin-doctor of Malaysia. All the spin-doctors claiming 'I'm satisfied' and 'He states his stand' couldn't put Humpty-Dumpty Pak Catit-Buku-Hitam back together again.

Oh, salam Aidilfitri. Easy on those real 'Mercun Bambu', kids!

No comments: