Nathaniel Tan, a 26 year old dedicated blogger, a Harvard University alumnus and an aide to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has been arrested under the Section 8 of the Official Secrets Act (OSA) over allegations that he had documents linked to Deputy Internal Security Minister Datuk Johari Baharom’s alleged involvement in corruption.
To demonstrate our solidarity with Nathaniel who has been dealt with great injustice, to show our steadfast refusal to let the Government curb the democratisation impact of blogs and the Internet, and to voice our displeasure at the OSA, we are organising a forum with invited speakers from across the civil society with details as follows:
Venue: KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly HallThe panel of Distinguished Speakers include:
Date: 19th July 2007 (Thursday)
Time: 7.30 pm
Admission is Free; Bring Friends
- Nathaniel Tan, Blogger & Aide to PKR Advisor*
- Jeff Ooi, Protem Vice-President, All Blogs Malaysia
- Harris Ibrahim, Lawyer & Founder of The People's Parliament
- Nurul Izzah Anwar, Special Assistant to PKR Advisor
- Lim Guan Eng, Secretary-General of DAP
- Tony Pua, Economic Advisor to DAP Secretary-General
* We will be inviting Nathaniel to speak to us and relay his experiences at the Forum should he be released from remand on Tuesday, 17th July or before. We'll also be trying to leave as much time to the floor as possible, so as to enable greater interaction at the forum.