Thursday, September 06, 2007

Diaorang Ada Bayaq Royalti Ke, Datin?

UPDATED: The kind MarinaM has written to me yesterday and I only got the chance to post it now. :)

Dear Howsy,

I tried to leave a comment on your blog but somehow it didn't work. Are you moderating first?

In case you didn't get it, I was just saying that Utusan actually asked my permission to use the pix and I sadi yes as long as they credited me and my blog for it. Just because of that caption on the front page of Utusan, lots of new people have come to visit my blog and my traffic has jumped to almost double what it usually is. Also because of that, lots and lots of people have written some very nice messages in there.

So I figured royalty is not the issue here. letting them use my photo meant that my Dad got on the front page of a mainstream paper when others have hidden him inside. Worth it I reckon.

See new pix on my blog. Nice or not?

cheers,

marina


***

On last Tuesday, the Nation's Most Inciteful Vernacular Mainstream Media (TM) front-paged this news with a very grainy low-resolution photo:

Tak takut gambar tu diphotoshopkan ke? Bloggers kan goblok? [Source]

The blogosphere would have known that it was posted up earlier in RantingsbyMM without having to look at/buy the paper.



I agree that the interaction between the blogosphere and the mainstream media should be a more agonistic, rather than an antagonistic one, but have they forgotten their former chief reporter, news editor, Penang bureau chief, feature writer, correspondent in London, news editor, chief news editor, editor-in-chief and executive chairman's piece of advice?

[Source]

And also this latest 'piece of wisdom':

He also attacked internet bloggers and newspapers which treat bloggers as a source of information.

"I don't understand why some newspapers want to project some of these websites as being crucial [and claim that they are] read by six million people.

"Who are these six million? Foreigners? Are they read by people who determine the political power in this country?" he asked.


And most important, regardless of whether Datin Paduka cares or not, is there a royalty given? They have the highest circulations and readerships in Malaysia, which translates to $$$$, doesn't it?

On the brighter note, Tun is progessing well!

Berita Hangat!!! Pagi tadi Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad kelihatan berpegang-pegang tangan dengan dua wanita amat lawa....!!!

No comments: